How to recycle pandoro and panettone: recipes and ideas forreusetheleftovers of pandoro and panettone to make tiramisu, pop cakes and other desserts.
We must take action against all types of waste, even those in the kitchen! Today we will see howrecycle pandoro and panettonebecause during the holidays, especially in southern Italy, we are led to live in food excesses.
How to recycle pandoro:cream cups
For what concernpandoro recycling, this is suitable for the preparation of various desserts, even with a spoon.
For lovers of spoon desserts, we recommend the recipe for elegant cream cups.
The ingredients are simple:advanced pandoro, whipped cream, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk, coffee and hazelnuts.
- Chop the leftover Pandoro, even with your hands.
- Heat the milk and coffee over low heat.
- In a bowl, combine the pieces ofpandoro to recycle with milk and coffee, mix with a spoon.
- Place the mixture in a cup that you will fill with 3/4 with the leftovers of pandoroand 1/4 with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa and chopped hazelnuts.
Store in the fridge for about an hour, after which your pandoro with coffee and cream can be enjoyed!
When to use milk and coffee? Just enough to soak the pandoro, which must be soaked but never dripping! The ultimate texture depends on your palate.
Tiramisu with pandoro leftovers
Forrecycle the pandoroyou can use the classic tiramisu recipe, the only difference is that instead of the ladyfingers you will have to useleftover pandoro to recycle.
How to recycle pandoro and panettone
They are calledCake Popsand they are godsBon Boncovered with chocolate. You can serve them on a food toothpick as in our photo, or simply placed in paper cups for cakes.
To prepare thisrecipewhich allows you torecycle panettone or pandoroadvanced, you will need:
- Half a panettone or pandoro
- 2 small cups of coffee *
- 1 cup of milk *
- 1 cup of bitter cocoa already sieved
- 50 g of butter
- 20 pine nuts, almonds or hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 100 g of chocolate (dark, milk or white)
- decorations as desired (sugar grains, sugared almonds ...)
The ingredients marked with an asterisk can be substituted at your convenience with other liquid ingredients. The aim is to moisten the filling of theCake Pops, if you prefer, you can prepare a simple "rum bath" with water, sugar and rum or, again, you can wet theleftovers of panettone or pandorowith hot chocolate!
Here is the procedure:
- In a saucepan, crumble the half panettone and add some liquid to moisten the filling Cake Pops. Coffee, milk and cocoa ... also add hazelnuts, almonds which can be chopped or in larger pieces as you like.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler and add it to the ingredients mentioned above. Mix everything, mixing well and let the dough rest for at least two hours before starting to work.
- Work the dough into balls with a diameter of 2-3 cm. Put them in the refrigerator and let them rest for about an hour. This is because, plus the panettoneit “congeals” with the other ingredients and the filling of the ingredients will be more compactCake Pops.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the cream in a bain-marie. Let it cool but don't solidify!
- Using a long toothpick, dip the balls into the melted chocolate one at a time.
- Arrange the Cake Pops, thus obtained, on baking paper, decorate and serve them only when the chocolate has solidified!
Fruit pandoro recipe
Recycle pandoro and panettoneit's a very easy task, so a different dessert can be prepared for each advanced package. ThePandorocan give life to a very fresh dessert filled with winter fruit, pine nuts and walnuts. What is needed for this preparation?
- Pandoroadvanced byto recycle
- an Apple
- a banana
- four slices of pineapple
- two tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 80 gr of walnuts
- 40 gr of pine nuts
- citrus jam as required
- grand marnier or other orange liqueur, just enough
- a lemon
Cut off the top of thePandoroand empty it of the crumb. Pandoro can thus be used as a container ready to contain all the fruit. The crumb of thePandoroit can be used to prepare coffee cups or the following recipe (soufflé).
Prepare a fruit salad seasoning with sugar and lemon. With the liqueur and a few tablespoons of water, wet thePandoro. Spread the jam on the inner surface of thePandoro. Fill with fruit.
How to recycle the panettone:panettone leftover soufflé
Another opportunity is offered byPanettone soufflé!Yummy! The ingredients for six people include:
- 500 ml of milk
- 200 g of panettone
- 10 g of honey
- juice of one lemon
- juice of an orange
- 25 g of potato starch
- 25 g of sugar
- butter to taste
- an egg yolk
- 70 g of egg white
- a pinch of salt
Cut thepanettone to recycle, dip it in milk and boil for 5 minutes. Add honey, lemon and orange juice. When you are about to remove the saucepan from the heat, add the potato starch diluted in a few drops of milk.
Beat the egg whites with half the sugar and a little salt. Add the yolk and the remaining sugar and mix. Grease some soufflé molds, sprinkle them with sugar and fill them with the freshly prepared mixture. Bake at 180 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve still hot.
You might be interested in the recipe homemade panettone: how to make panettone.