We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade licorice liqueur: traditional Calabrian recipe "black soul" and recipe to obtain a thick and creamy liquorice liqueur.
On this page we want to offer you some recipes of the licorice liqueur, a very pleasant digestive on the palate.
Even if the preparation takes some time, you will not regret it at all!
The homemade licorice liqueur it will surely delight your guests. In this regard, here how to make licorice liqueur following some of the recipesmore requests from users. The versionclassical, that is the Calabrian liqueur type "black soul"And the variant plusthick and creamy.
Thethick and creamy licorice liqueur it's great like topperto accompany ice cream and sweets.
Thick and creamy liquorice liqueur
In this first version we use licorice in pieces. The result will be a thick licorice liqueur.
- 200 grams of licorice in small pieces
- 1 liter of water
- 750 grams of sugar
- 600 ml of alcohol at 95 °
For a creamier result, part of the water can be replaced with cream.
Thick licorice liqueur, the preparation
- Pour 500 ml of water into a saucepan and the other half of the water into another saucepan.
- In a saucepan, add the licorice cut into small pieces and in the other saucepan all the sugar.
- First, melt the licorice over low heat, stirring constantly with a spoon.
- As soon as the licorice has melted, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Now put the saucepan containing the water and sugar on the heat on a low flame and melt the sugar, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the sugar begins to dissolve, remove from the heat and continue stirring until completely dissolved, then let it cool.
- After the licorice syrup and the sugar syrup have become cold, you can combine them: one way to mix the two ingredients well could be to put them in a clean empty bottle with a capacity of 2 liters. You can in fact shake the bottle vigorously with your hands.
- Once this is done, pour the alcohol into the bottle and mix again.
- Close the bottle and store it in a dark place.
The licorice liqueur it will be ready to drink after about a month having the foresight to shake the bottle from time to time.
Calabrian licorice liqueur recipe
In this paragraph, we will see how to get a good onehomemade licorice liqueurguyBlack soul.
- 200 gr of powdered licorice
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1.2 kg of sugar
- 1 liter of high quality alcohol at 95 °
Therelicorice powderit's not very easy to find. You can go to specialized pastry shops or, if you are on holiday in Calabria, you can stock up on the famous one Calabrian licorice! If you do not have this luck, you can take advantage of online buying: on Amazon there is no lack oflicorice powder Amarelli(licorice powder from Calabria). For all information on the product, please refer to the page:licorice root powder Amarelli.
When buying, be sure to takelicorice powderfor food and non-cosmetic use! ThatAmarelliit charges but it is a quality benchmark in the sector: a 500 gram jar can be bought for 25 - 30 euros.
Powdered licorice is nothing more than ground and freeze-dried licorice, i.e. deprived of water. In this way the product is very concentrated.
We make this clarification so as to make you understand not to increase the dosage, otherwise you risk getting an excessively charged liqueur.
If you want the liqueur to have a more authentic flavor (in respect of the licorice taste), rather than increase the amount of licorice powder, decrease the amount of sugar.
Homemade liquorice liqueur, Calabrian recipe
- Heat the water by bringing itas soon asto a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar and then slowly add thelicorice powder. Turn to make the ingredient dissolve faster. Turn off the heat and continue stirring until the ingredients have completely dissolved.
- Let the syrup cool and, when it reaches room temperature, add the alcohol.
Shake the bottles oflicorice liqueurfrequently, especially during the first week after preparation. Licorice powder may clump together and settle to the bottom.
ThereCalabrian recipeinvolves the preparation of alicorice liqueurgood to drink right away, however many recommend waiting a month or two, to allow the ingredients to stabilize at their best.