We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The sponge cake is the ideal base for a great variety of cakes; it is soft and lends itself to being filled with any type of cream and decorated in different ways, but it can also be eaten natural, spreading nutella or jam on top: both strictly homemade.
Its preparation is quite long but when you take it out of the oven and taste it it will be worth it: other than sponge cake bought at the supermarket full of additives and preservatives! In this regard we will show you chow to make sponge cake following our recipe step by step.
How to make sponge cake, the ingredients
- 6 organic eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 180 grams of fine granulated sugar
- 150 grams of flour type 00: alternatively 75 grams of flour 00 and 75 grams of potato starch
- Two terrines
- Electric hand mixer
- Round pan with high edges 26 cm diameter
How to make sponge cake, the preparation
- Take the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites using fairly large bowls
- In the bowl with the egg whites, add a pinch of salt then whip them until stiff
- In the other bowl, add the sugar then beat the egg yolks for at least 10 minutes or in any case until you have obtained a thick and fluffy mixture: alternatively you can whip the whole eggs with the sugar, but it will take at least 20 minutes
- Once this is done, combine the two compounds in a very large bowl and mix everything well until you get a single homogeneous mixture
- Sift the flour (or flour and starch) and add it to the mixture then continue to mix from the bottom up
- At this point, butter and flour the pan and pour the mixture into it: alternatively you can use parchment paper
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 35 - 40 minutes
- Turn off the oven and let it cool for at least a quarter of an hour before removing the sponge cake to prevent it from deflating
- And here's yours Sponge cake ready to be filled and decorated as you wish.
As we have already mentioned, with the sponge cake you can prepare various cakes, including the mimosa cake. If you don't have the recipe, just read our guide "How to make a mimosa cake"